Thursday, July 12, 2012

A quick update!

Hello my tens of readers!


I apologize for not updating for a while and I apologize even more that this is going to be a short post! With about 6 weeks of my time here and about 4 weeks left, I'm finally getting a handle on Kenyan life!

Just a couple days ago, I was walking with two of my coworkers when they told me that I am now a Kenyan and an African. At heart, I think I always will be, as this place is unbelievable.

Things have been going great! I have been incredibly busy with everything (my supervisor keeps me going from one thing to another! I still don't know how she does it all!). This week and part of next is a dejiggering campaign in a community here in Kakamega. (For those unfamiliar with jiggers, don't google. My supervisor told me all about them and showed me photos my first day. I'm still a bit terrified to wear sandles.) I have also spent some time working on a data base for the Health and Gender program of ACCES, so that we can use graphs and charts in reports and see if there is a trend in health cases throughout the year. I should also be starting my basic first aid training very soon!

Two weeks ago, I had the chance to go to Lake Naivasha in the Great Rift Valley and visited the Crater Lake Game Park! And tomorrow I am heading to Maissa Mara! I have so many stories and I am so excited for what's ahead!

But for now, that is all. It is about 10PM here and I have to be up at 5 tomorrow morning to catch a bus to Maissa Mara. So for now, my dear readers, I bid you farewell with a promise to write more in the near future.


Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment