Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Dear Lift Urban Portland

Yesterday was my last official day as your summer intern. While it has been less than a week since I was in the pantry and less than 24 hours since the very nicely run Garden Party, I already miss working with everyone.

To the food pantry volunteers, thank you for your incredible amount of hard work, dedication, and patience. This summer has some tricks up its sleeves for us and thank you for just rolling with the punches as they came along. Each and every single one of you are amazing and I've really enjoyed my time working with you all.

To the office staff and garden party committee, thank you for all of your patience as I tried as hard as I could to help out as much as I could. Being a part of the staff meetings and the garden committee really meant a lot to me and really instilled a lot of confidence in me.

To every single person I met over this summer, thank you from the bottom of my heart. Working with this organization instilled a brand new passion for treating people in a faithful and holistic way that I did not have before.

This summer was nothing like I had planned but it was way more amazing than I ever thought it could be. I'm really grateful for the random happenstance that lead me to Lift Urban Portland because this summer gave me brand new skills that I would not have gotten anywhere else.

And while last night was the official end of my internship, I know that it wasn't the last time that I would be working in this field.

Thank you again,
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment