Friday, June 8, 2012

End of week one.

The past week has flown by and I cannot believe that tomorrow I will be in Kakamega, Kenya. There is so much I want to say about my experience in Nairobi and rest assured, I will find the time to write about it all.

I have just enough time, however, to say a couple things before going to bed (as it is about 10:15PM here in Nairobi).

First and foremost, the biggest thank you to the Holy Cross Community for hosting Kathya and I for the last week. I have had the experience of a life time here and this is something that I will never ever forget. To Father Tom, Father Pasquel, Ben, Prosper, Dennis, and of course, Aga the Lion, thank you from the bottom of my heart. You all have provided so much (especially laughter) and I will be forever grateful. To Karen, it was amazing meeting you and a pleasure spending time together here.

Second, this past week has by far been the most eye opening experience in my life and I am so excited to see where the next 2ish months take me.

Third, I apologize for not blogging so much. I'll try and be a bit more on it as the weeks go by.

Fourth, thank you to everyone for the unbelievable support. I'm constantly blown away by the love and support that I have been getting and it really means a lot to me. I would not be where I am today without this support and it is something that has given me tremendous courage.

But now, it is time for sleep.


Much love from East Africa,

Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment